- 1 IT Jobs in Nepal Top IT Vacancy 2023
- 1.1 IT Jobs in Nepal
- 1.2 IT Jobs in Nepal
- 1.3 IT Jobs in Nepal
- 1.4 IT Jobs in Nepal
- 1.5 IT Jobs in Nepal
- 1.6 IT Jobs in Nepal
- 1.7 IT Jobs in Nepal
IT Jobs in Nepal Top IT Vacancy 2023
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality the Empowerment of Wome United Nations Entity for Equality and the Empowerment of Women UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace, and security. IT Jobs in Nepal
UN Women Nepal is seeking applications from qualified Nepalese citizens with a commitment to gender equality, a high drive for results, integrity, demonstrable teamwork, and other competencies as mentioned in the job descriptions.
IT Jobs in Nepal
Job Title: 110757-ICT and Administrative Support, 1 position (Open to Nepalese Nationality Only)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and the direct supervision of the Administrative Associate, the ICT and Administrative support provides ICT and administrative support services to the CO, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT and Administrative Support promote a client-oriented approach. The ICT Administrative support works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations teams for resolving complex ICT-related issues and provides support in administrative matters including Assets Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
IT Support (60%):
Provide support to the implementation of ICT strategies and new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Provide inputs to the development and implementation of the ICT annual work plan
- Provide IT support in the use of Atlas (UN Women’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services and to transition to a New ERP system
Provide technical support in the functioning of the CO hardware and software
- Provide oversight to routine repairs and change hardware electronic components;
- Provide technical support to the installation and maintenance of all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones;
- Provide technical support to the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programs;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
- Monitor file server traffic, usage, and performance on a regular basis.
Ensure efficient networks administration
- Monitor the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment;
- Configure network printers and provide user access as required;
Troubleshoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups;
- Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
- Provide technical support to Local Area Network (LAN) management in accordance with UN Women requirements.
Provide web management services
- Maintain the CO website and intranet.
Provide administrative support regarding ICT issues
- Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in collaboration with the Procurement focal point;
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources;
- Prepare statistical charts, tables, and reports as required;
- Provide ICT support to key events.
Provide technical support and advice to CO and Country Office personnel
- Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in CO and country offices experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking, and other computer-related issues;
- Set up new email accounts of CO personnel ;
- Liaise with ICT staff in HQ for support and guidance;
- Meet all ICT onboarding requirements for new staff.
Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO
- Contribute to the organization of pieces of training for the CO staff on ICT issues;
- Maintain library of reference materials;
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT
Liaising and maintaining network with IT, colleagues of other UN agencies,
- Participate as a member in the OMT ICT working group
IT Jobs in Nepal
Administrative Support (40%):
Serve as Asset Focal Point for NCO
- Inspection and verification of all incoming assets (equipment, furniture, and inventory), and scheduling deliveries to users after successful recording in the Asset management sub-module in Atlas ensuring inventory records are up to date and accurate.
- Tag all furniture/equipment upon receipt from the supplier—update of nonexpendable property inventory record and track the movement of furniture and other equipment.
- Support the annual physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of the property and remain responsible for the timely submission of asset certification letters to HQ.
- Support month-end process on assets updates
- Preparation of inventory and asset reports for management and audit purposes as required.
- Submit asset disposal, transfer, and other requests for approval to the HQ Asset Management Specialist Support to management on physical asset disposal and other asset transactions
Support to the Programme team
- Provide support program team to enter data and generate analytical reports from RMS
- Create a safe working environment by developing respectful and safe organizational culture and supporting practices.
- Collaborates with team members, program partners, and sub-grantees to ensure safe implementation of programs at the community level applying the Do No Harm approach.
- PSEA and child safeguarding should be addressed in all UN contexts.
- Familiarity with child safeguarding principles including PSEA, and incorporating safeguarding consideration into the programming cycle/operation process/HR management/M&E process/Media, etc.
- Maintain higher sensitivity while working with children, people living with disability, LGBTIQ+ +, and the members of vulnerable and excluded groups.
- Any other task assigned by Supervisor
IT Jobs in Nepal
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems;
- Good PC hardware troubleshooting skills;
- Good knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication;
- Good knowledge of database packages;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes;
- Ability to review a variety of data, and identify and adjust discrepancies.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
IT Jobs in Nepal
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is an asset
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) are required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset
IT Jobs in Nepal
Application Procedure (Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without complete documents will not be considered for further assessment). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Motivation letter
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11), which can be downloaded from Here
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and sexual harassment (SH). Everyone is responsible for preventing sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), and all UN personnel must adhere to the standards of conduct that preserve PSEA principles (both during work hours and outside work hours). All selected candidates will, therefore, go through a safe hiring process.
UN Women retain the right to contact referees directly. UN Women is committed to achieving workforce diversity (in term of gender, nationality, minority groups, caste/ethnic groups, Person with Disability, etc.) and have a policy to have a gender balance among staff at all levels. Qualified female candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality.
Duty Station: Lalitpur, UN House
Contract Type and Level: Service Contract (SB-3)
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Vacancy closing date: 13th January 2023 (mid-night NY time)
For detailed job descriptions and for online application, please click on Apply Now Button given below. UN Women is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, LGBTIQ, and Persons with Disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
IT Jobs in Nepal
Sandeep Lamichhane Rape case News
Nepali Taja Samachar
Banking Jobs in Nepal